Featured Post

GOALS EARNED ME MY ‘SATE’ NAME - SATE


By Prudence Phiri
RONALD Kampamba says he earned the nickname ‘Sate Sate’ following his prolific scoring form during his early days of playing ichimpombwa. 
In an interview, the Nkana striker, who is currently with the national team in South Africa, explained that his teammates called him by a name drawn from the book of Job in the Bible because he had a skin condition that left him with scars all over the body. 

Kampamba said he was a prolific striker during his primary school days when they were still using a ichimpombwa, an improvised ball made of plastics. 
He, however, said the nickname was changed to ‘Sate Sate’ by a Chinese man he spoke with before a tournament.  
“I used to score a lot during my days of playing ichimpombwa and my friends called me Job 13:13 because of the skin problem that I had. But ‘Sate Sate’ came on after a conversation with a Chinese national at a tournament... and after the game, I was a top scorer. He (the Chinese) started calling me ‘Sate Sate’ because he did not know my name. That is how everyone started calling me ‘Sate Sate’,” said Kampamba. 
Kampamba, 20, twice won the FAZ/MTN Super League golden boot, with 15 goals in 2012  and 18 goals in 2013 that helped Nkana win their historic 12th league title. 
CREDIT SOURCE: http://www.postzambia.com/news.php?id=5070#sthash.N07yMX69.dpuf

Comments